Dr. Richard Jackson is a Board Certified Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon who has been in the practice of oral maxillofacial surgery in Sacramento, California for the past 30 years.
Dr. Jackson provides oral surgery procedures in our office ranging from simple dental extractions to bone grafting, wisdom teeth extractions, and placement of dental implants. In order to maximize patient comfort, Dr. Jackson offers treatment under local anesthesia or IV sedation.
Dr. Richard Jackson is a native Californian who grew up in San Diego, California. By the time he was 11 years old, he was doing 100 mile bike rides out into the Borrego desert with his young friends. Also on Friday nights, he and his friends would go on 50-60 mile night bike rides. During those days, he always found jobs at night including Taco Bell and SeaWorld so he could spend the day at the beaches surfing.
Later on in 1971, he went to UOP dental School and he fell in love with Northern California. He continued his cycling in Northern California and really enjoyed the Northern Coastal areas above San Francisco. After completing dental school in 1974, he went into the US Air Force and was stationed in Dayton, Ohio at Wright Patterson Medical Center where he completed an internship. Following the internship, he was stationed for three years in Hahn, Germany which was a great experience and met his future wife, Margaret. During the times at Hahn AFB in Germany, he was part of a clinic of seven dentists and performed oral surgery services including IV sedation as a general dentist. On his days off, he would drive 90 miles to Wiesbaden where he assisted in corrective jaw surgery cases with the Wiesbaden based oral surgeons. At this time, he decided that oral surgery was what he wanted to do, so he left the Air Force, and moved to Oakland, California where he completed a four year Residency in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery. After this residency, he completed a Fellowship in Orthognathic Corrective Jaw Surgery in St. Louis, Missouri.
Upon the completion of his Fellowship, he returned to Sacramento in 1988 and has been in private practice ever since.
He continues his hobbies of riding bicycles, swimming, and yoga. He has lectured throughout the United States for dental societies on oral surgery. He is a member of numerous organizations in the dental field.
He is board certified by the American Board of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons. He is a diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology and certifies local oral surgeons for the California Dental Board. He is a fellow of the American College of Maxillofacial Surgeons and the American College of Oral Implantology.
DR. RICHARD JACKSON BELONGS TO THE FOLLOWING BOARDS AND ORGANIZATIONS:
- Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow American College of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Fellow American College of Oral Implantology
- Instructor, Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Instructor, Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Sacramento District Dental Society – Board of Directors
- Sadi Fontaine Academy – Board of Directors
MEMBER OF THE:
- Sacramento District Dental Society
- California Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Northern California Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Western Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists